Whilst I might have a mild addiction, to rich, dense, dark chocolate brownies, it would appear that others don’t feel the same. It’s okay though because Chocolate is the answer. Who cares what the question is?
But seriously, Brownies or Blondies? It’s all good and who doesn’t love a nice, warm brownie/blondie/bake fresh out of the oven?
Too many questions, not enough answers…
I’m not going to lie, I was surprised by the popularity of these Blondies, the sweet, almost cookie dough-like taste won approval from everyone. Just to clarify, when I say everyone I mean the 5 people I shared these with. But that’s still a good starting point by my standards.
- 200g White chocolate
- 50g White/Milk Chocolate Chips
- 95g Self-raising Flour
- 3 Whole Eggs (beaten)
- Pinch of salt
- 185g Unsalted Butter
- 225g Golden Caster Sugar
- Melt the white chocolate, the easiest way is using a heatproof bowl and defrosting the chocolate slowly in the microwave.
- Pre: heat your oven at 180c and set side your baking tray and line this with greaseproof paper (ensuring the sides are covered so you can lift your brownie out with ease).
- Now you need to mix together your flour and in a separate bowl mix together your eggs and caster sugar. When mixing the eggs and caster sugar I use a handheld electric mixer for speed and to ensure you obtain the perfect consistency.
- Fold your chocolate/butter mix into your egg and sugar mix and once this is combined the final part is to mix in the flour.
- Once everything is nicely combined before baking mix in the chocolate chips (hold some back for the top), once this is integrated into pour the mix into your baking tray and bake for 25/30 mins (depending on your oven)
- Allow to cool and serve with ice-cream or eat from the pan, I wouldn’t judge you!
Psst – If you’re looking for something more indulgent try my Mars Bar Brownies