This weekend, I found myself in the unlikely and slightly abnormal situation where I had leftover melted chocolate, with true resistance and strength, I avoided sitting in a corner and spooning it out of the bowl. I, for one, am exceedingly proud of myself, why should I keep it to myself when I can use the chocolate to create a recipe that I can share with others.
So, let me tell you a bit about these tasty chocolate balls, or truffles, or bites(!) – They are vegan, can be made gluten-free, they freeze well and the recipe is completely foolproof, which means that they can be ready in around 10minutes. They make the ideal afternoon snack.
Anyway, continuing the topic of melted chocolate, I’m not one for overcomplicating things – If you don’t fancy adding the melted chocolate, you can skip that step in this recipe, after all, don’t we all just want an easy life?
Before I crack on with the recipe, can I just say, if you remember the chef from South Park, then hopefully this recipe title will make you smile – I had to be careful when naming these tasty treats, whilst my sense of humor is certainly “adult“, I appreciate you might not feel the same. *If this is lost on you, I suggest having a quick Google!
- 100g Super Fine Oats
- 20g Melted Chocolate
- 20g Cocoa powder
- 40g Chocolate Chips
- A dash of salt
- 60g Milk
- 30g Liquid Sweetener of choice
- In a large mixing bowl as the oats, cocoa powder and a dash of salt, mix and then add in the liquid sweetener and the melted chocolate, follow up my adding the milk and mix again until a batter forms.
- Now finish by mixing in the chocolate chips, rolling into balls using a teaspoon to scoop the mix and you can refrigerate or eat right way.
- *You can make without the melted chocolate
- *You can also add peanut/almond butter for a salty twist
If you make these, feel free to tag me in the picture #chocolatebrownieballs