It won’t take a genius to figure out that I’m a complete flapjack addict, one slice is simply never enough.
Whilst out food shopping, these tasty little ‘Recces Pieces’ caught my eye, of course being a complete peanut butter fiend I threw several packets in my basket and headed to the till. Whilst they are tasty, I’m not a huge fan of American Candy and I felt like these would transition into something a little more exciting. On the subject of American Candy, I mentioned a few posts back that I love watching American’s try English food on YouTube, it’s fascinating how different our tastes are across the globe. I tried to imagine a world without all the creature comforts I’ve come to love over my existence, the prospect of no Cadbury Twirls is pretty devastating.
So, like all good things I had to form a plan, but of course I needed to have a little power nap first, to build up the energy to create such delicious delights. Rested and raring to go, I headed to the kitchen and threw together some of my favorite ingredients into a mixing bowl, cocoa, oats, peanut butter and plenty of reeces pieces. The nice thing about this recipe is that it requires no baking, plus with a quick tweak, you can easily make these vegan-friendly too! I guess it’s the perfect balance between sweet, salty and nutty, that’s a good mix, right?
- 150g Oats
- 60g Peanut Butter (Or nut butter of choice)
- 45g Cocoa Powder
- 25g Coconut Oil
- 40g Agave Nectar (Or Honey or Maple Syrup)
- 45g Reeces Pieces
- Start by setting aside a loaf tin with grease proof paper and then place the oats, cocoa powder and reeces pieces in a large mixing bowl – Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Then on a low heat, add peanut butter, agave nectar and coconut oil until a smooth liquid forms and pour into the oat mix and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Press into a loaf tin and allow to set in the fridge until required, then slice and serve.
It’s been nice writing to you, but I’ve got chocolate and peanut butter flapjacks to eat and this is something I take very seriously, ciao!