I like having waffles for breakfast because they look like hashtags, plus they taste so good!
Some people dream of being able to drive and then heading to the local McDonalds, or living alone and enjoying cereal or takeaway for dinner without being told off. For me, one of my favourite things about making my own food was the fact I could enjoy waffles and pancakes, it’s the little things folks…
We have a waffle maker, which I love for that perfectly crisp outside and soft inner, but it can be time-consuming and means I have to stay relatively close to prevent burnt waffles. No one wants burnt waffles, plus I’m time poor at the moment, therefore speed and simplicity is of the essence!
If you don’t have a waffle maker, or if like me your time poor but in desperate need of a tasty waffle fix for breakfast, my friend I have the ideal solution for you. You can pick up these two silicone waffle moulds from Amazon for around £8.00, they take up very little storage space and are easy to clean.
When it comes to serving my waffles, I’m currently loving the addition of yoghurt and fresh fruit, but don’t forget waffles act as marvellous little trays for maple syrup or a drizzle of nut butter and honey.
- 20g Self Raising Flour
- 30g Oat Flour
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of vanilla essence
- One whole egg – Beaten
- 150ml Almond Milk
- Start by pre: heating your oven to 180degrees
- Then place the silicone tray on a large baking tray and put to one side.
- Using a jug, whisk the egg and then add flour, oats, salt, milk and vanilla, now whisk until a smooth mix forms.
- Pour the mix into the silicone tray and bake for 20 minutes, allow them to cool before removing them and add your choice of topping.
Do you ever make waffles? What’s your favourite topping?